Saturday, July 15, 2017

The Lands Band

One Liner: Gospel, formerly known as The Warrior Gospel Band, 
Wikipedia Genre: [no Wikipedia] Gospel
Spotify Says Similar To: Not on Spotify
Home: I'm gonna guess Austin

Poster Position: 24

Slot: Sunday at 11:30 am

Thoughts: Gospel time, baby!  I wish that this band had kept their old name.  All I can find about this band is their ACL website bio, which looks like it was taken directly from the band with no editing.  I'm just guessing, but I think the reason for the name change is to pay homage to the fact that everyone in the band is a member of the Lands family:

  • Dr. Sterling Lands II: Lead Guitar, Vocalist, manager. 
  • Kristoffer S. Lands: Bass Guitar, Guitarist, Vocalist. 
  • Kiamesha Y. Lands: Vocalist.
  • Hazaiah K. S. Lands: Drums, Vocalist. 
  • Zemirah M. Y. Lands: Bass Guitar, Vocalist. 
  • Zion M. S. Lands: Keyboard, Vocalist.
  • Hillel K S Lands: Saxophone, Drums, Vocalist. 
  • Larry R. Lands: Guitarist, Vocalist. 
  • Richard S. Lands: Saxophone, Vocalist.
I will say one thing about those names, Larry and Richard got screwed, man.  The rest of the group sports interesting names with questionable pronunciation potential for me, and then those two end up with some regular ass names.  I also respect the decision to give a handful of the people in the band a bunch of middle names and then make sure to list them in their bio, as though there might be a different Hazaiah Lands, so we'll need to use K.S. to differentiate. 
No music available on Spotify, and even the ACL bio doesn't contain any tunes (come on, ACL people!) but their website has one of those annoying deals that immediately starts blaring music at you when you go to the page.  You've been warned.  That being said, the sounds of "I Can Rejoice" ain't too bad.  The band is good.  Go get some Jesus all up in ya.

(oooh, I made it to like the 4th or 5th song on their website, called "Will You Be Going Back," and it is straight up terrible.  Like the sounds of killing a cat over some instrumentation. Yikes.  I was on board until that moment...)

No comments: