Thursday, May 4, 2017

ACL 2017 LINEUP ANNOUNCED!!!

I'm all out of breath from yelling that title for this blog post!  And also from running around the block with the dog before 6 am so that I could jump right on writing this post as soon as the lineup came out.  I'm so freaking excited!
Even though I predicted both the Chili Peppers and Gorillaz, I'm still pumped that they are going to be here anyway.  And I'll be all in for another Chance the Rapper show, especially backing this new album/mixtape. Sad about no Arcade Fire.  NOt all that sad about not having Lorde (that new "Green Light" song isn't doing it for me.  But the stuff I did not predict, let me just say
HOLY CRAP!  
ICE CUBE!!!

I mean, as far as I am concerned, he is one of the greatest rappers of all time.  I'd fully agree with you if you said that his most recent albums have not matched the fire and inventiveness of his old stuff, but you know what?  He has no really new music!  So instead of trying to flog us with some sad attempt to stay relevant with the trap scene, he isgoing to blast us with the greatest hits and it will be glorious!  "Steady Mobbin'!"  "It Was a Good Day!"  "Check Yo self!"  "You Know How We Do It!"  "No Vaseline!"  Old NWA bits and pieces!  Oh man, he is like up there on the Mount Rushmore of rap!  I'm so pumped about this.

So, we got The Killers, which as I said before shoud be pretty cool, but is odd because they don't seem relevant at all.  BUt, that does make the top line special for us.  Although Chance is doing big fests this year, The Killers aren't doing a bunch of fests (other than Lolla of course), the Chilis are really only doing Bonnaroo (right?), and Gorillaz have announced some stuff recently, but are only doing Outside Lands for a big fest.  So this gives ACL a real different top of the card look, which is awesome.

Other stuff I'm excited about:
  • Car Seat Headrest (I'm telling you, they are awesome)
  • Ryan Adams
  • Run the Jewels
  • Spoon
  • ROyal Blood
  • Revivalists
  • Live (holy crap, is that really Live?  Like, Throwing Copper Live?)  YES, that really is LIVE!
  • Rainbow Kitten Surprise
  • The Head & the Heart
Obviously a lot more observations to come, but I'm pretty dang excited about the main folks to be here.

No comments: