Friday, August 30, 2019

Alesia Lani

One Liner:  Local R&B lady who made a video maybe at Bull Creek
Wikipedia Genre:  No Wikipedia, this is R&B and soul.
Home: Austin

Poster Position: 22


Weekend One Only.


Thoughts: Another great voice - in that Erykah Badu space at times - see "The Way."  That might be her best song.  I actually like that song a lot.  Her website says she is Midwest born but Austin raised.  Seems like a good idea.  I wish I could find more about her personally, but her PR stuff is all pretty basic.

Two albums, 2015's First Impression and 2017's Resilient.  Not very many videos, but she has one that I think features Sculpture Falls from down in the Barton Springs greenbelt.  No, wait, that looks more like Bull Creek over there west of 360.  Either way, the nature is pretty in that video.
Yeah, she's got a good voice - the tune has a sweet groove, and I like that she is repping Lauryn Hill, Prince, Alicia Keys, and others with those albums she is laying all over on the floor.  She has one other real video (in addition to some weird shit of her singing with some dude in a living room jamming the keyboard), so I'll give you "Love You."
Again, great voice, but pretty generic R&B track that I wouldn't be able to pick out of a lineup if you paid me.

I wouldn't plan on seeing this one live.

No comments: