Monday, August 19, 2019

The Schedule!

Man, although I'm always excited to see the schedule, because it helps me know what I get, it is also a super depressing day because it shows me what I'm not going to get to see.  And instantly, Friday crushes my soul because I'm going to go see Guns N Roses,no matter what, but I love Tame Impala so very much.  Sadness.

While I'm not yet finished with all of the bands - I'm about 20 short right now - I'm getting close to the point where I can really run down the schedules and hand out advice.  Although I can do some of that right now pretty easily:

  • Friday:
    • Sam Fender, at 1:15, is awesome.  If you're gonna be there right when the gates open, while I liked The Amazons and would probably enjoy it, I feel like you just have to go see Asleep at the Wheel and be a good traditional person.
    • Conflicted at 2:30 between Black Pistol Fire and Cherry Glazerr.
    • At 3:30, I'd definitely see Tyler Childers over King Princess and Monsieur Perine.  He's an excellent songwriter.
    • At 5:30, if you aren't going to the Raconteurs, then stop talking to me.  You are dumb.
    • Next, while it would have been cool to check out Jenny Lewis, I'll likely just camp out at the AmEx stage to get in a good spot for GNR.  I hope fat Axl falls on me.
    • Not sad to miss Thom Yorke's weird shit.
  • Saturday:
    • Also not sad to miss dumb Childish Gambino to do the Cure.  That is the right decision.
    • Not sad to miss Eilish in favor of Gary Clark Jr. (especially since I know I'll be seeing Billie the nest weekend and suffering through her garbage then).
    • Depending on how we are feeling about being close for the Cure, I'd like to do Metric at the 7 o'clock hour.
    • Bummed to have Patrick Droney and Tierra Whack at the same time, would have liked to try both of them.
    • The Kooks probably win over Sigrid, although I haven't checked to see if she has any new music yet.
  • Sunday:
    • Man, that sucks.  Putting Otis the Destroyer before freaking noon on Sunday?  I need my shreddage, but I doubt I'll commit to being to the park by that early on Sunday.  I'm old, man.
    • Uh, pretty sure some of these are new additions - what is Nilufer Yanya and Thomas Csorba?  Are those made up?
    • DUCKWRTH!
    • I like both Idles and Joseph - not sure what I'd do with that one yet.
    • Ah man, the 6 o'clock hour is a bitch.  I'm gonna go see Kacey, because she rules, but I would have liked to have seen Bruce Hornsby and Third Eye Blind.  Jerks.  Why couldn't Third Eye be in that slot against Rosalia and Rebelution?
    • Lizzo FOR SURE.
    • I doubt we will need to get close for Mumford, so it ought to all work out.
Once I get everything done, I'll put together the big spreadsheet showing the timing and my picks, with links and all of that good stuff.  Hang on!

No comments: