Thursday, August 25, 2022

Disko Cowboy (2022)

One Liner: DJ with a western flair, I suppose.

Wikipedia Genre: No Wikipedia.
Home: Austin!

Poster Position: 22

Both Weekends.  Saturday.

Thoughts:  Well, crap.  I just spent all day listening to Disco Cowboy on Spotify, and only now do I realize that the spelling matters.  Which is annoying because when I searched (with the "k") on Spotify, it brought me to the one with the "c," and even shows her as part of the ACL lineup in the upcoming shows section.  WHICH IS A LIE!

But, I'll admit, that I kinda like Disco Cowboy.  Kind of a Soccer Mommy vibe going on there, if a little less exciting.

Instead, this is something else that is maybe called vinyl ranch and maybe called Disko Cowboy, and either way, they do not have original music to listen to on Spotify.  If you go to their Spotify profile, it is just playlists of other people's tunes, like SEX AND THE COUNTRY, with The Pointer Sisters followed by Bobby Gentry and Deana Carter.  So, I guess this is just going to be a DJ set of kitschy music.

There is a photo on this website if you want to see a man in weird cowboy garb.  https://www.diskocowboy.com/

Good luck and godspeed.

No comments: