Wednesday, August 24, 2022

ACL 2022: A couple artists off of the Poster!

Howdy!

We are getting close and I am excited about seeing some of these bands!  But after they released a few new artists - Big Boi!  6lack!  Oakland Raiders quarterback DCarr!  The Huston Tillotson University Jazz Collective! - I noticed that they appear to have dropped a few artists as well.  Boooooooo!

  • Rag N Bone Man.  Dang!  I thought he was pretty cool.  Reddit says that he cancelled his entire US Tour.  Rude.
  • Jake Bugg.  Actually kind of glad I don't have to suffer through the new stuff just to hear cuts from that first album.  Don't see any reason for his cancellation.
  • Djo.  Shoot!  How can they take away the Stranger Things guy?!?  That blows.  On Insta, he shared a cryptic message saying that an unfortunate last minute scheduling conflict is causing him to miss.  What is last minute?  You've got a month and a half to get it fixed!
  • Lil Durk.  A headliner!  Gone!  And I never heard a thing!  (but I'm not mad about it, that guy was lame).  Apparently at Lollapalooza he got hit in the face by two blasts of pyrotechnics and was later seen with a big bandage over his eye.  he then announced that he was going to take a break and focus on his health.
  • Ibeyi.  I can't recall at all who this was!  So sad to see him/ her/ them go!
I am getting pretty close to being done with all of the reviews!  10 or 11 left!  Let's go!

No comments: