Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Luna Luna

One Liner: Awful bedroom pop schlock from Dallas

Wikipedia Genre: No Wikipedia, bedroom pop, synthpop
Home: Dallas

Poster Position: 23
Weekend Two Only.  Sunday.

Thoughts: I am really close to finishing up all of the artists on Sunday, and have done a piss poor job of paying attention to my work today.  This dumb ass blog is going to get me fired.

I don't think that the band described on Wikipedia is the same as this band.  The Spotify for Luna Luna shows an image of four young Hispanic dudes, whereas Wikipedia says that Luna Luna was a German rock band formed in 1989 that dissolved in 1997.  Find a new name, nerds!  Here is the original's most famous song - "When I'm Dead (You Should Dance)."
If that was their best song, then they definitely did the world a favor by breaking up.

But the new version of the band is a bilingual Latinx band from Dallas doing some indie pop stuff that makes me want to change the station.  They definitely weave Spanish and English around each other in the songs, but then others are just English and include guest rappers and stuff.  It seems very touchy-feelie.  it is definitely awful.  Not as bad as the old German band, but I absolutely just stopped the work I was doing and moaned "oh god this sucks" under my breath.  Make it stop, please.  And then I let it keep going because I needed to finish something and now I'm about to physically throw my computer away and never listen to music again.  Looking at you "Early Morning."

"Commitment" is the top song.  9.6 million streams of insane people.  From 2019's Carousel.
I'm sorry, I'm being an asshole.  I'm sure some people love this, but I am just absolutely not one of them.  I can't understand the words he is saying (even the ones I think are in English), he sounds whiny, and the beat is so basic and boring.  Top commenter found this on TikTok.  Of course.

Second-most streamed tune is from 2018's For Lovers Only, a seven song album.  6.4 million streams.
That is a song that exists.  Please, don't make me talk about or think about or listen to this stuff ever again.  Please.

No comments: