Thursday, August 25, 2022

Thebrosfresh

One Liner: Remember Jamie Foxx's sweet solo music career?

Wikipedia Genre: No Wikipedia, but R&B and rap and lite rock
Home: Baton Rouge-ish

Poster Position: 30
Weekend One Only.  Friday.

Thoughts:  Huh.  Definitely thought we were looking at a kiddie rap group here.  Instead, the first song is more like a soft-core Gary Clark Jr. cover.  Odd.  They are brothers from Baton Rouge, and their website makes the ridiculous claim of "Hard-hitting percussion and aural aggression meet a smooth sensibility and aesthetic in a way that has never been experienced."  I don't think that is true at all.  Thurman and Torrence Thomas have a split personality in their music between some rap, some rock, some R&B.  

I thought that maybe they were from Austin because their top track is called "Montopolis Drive," with 6,426 streams, because Montopolis is a road over on the east side that calls back to a Reconstruction era community that is now part of Austin.
Pretty little ditty.  Their voices sound great together.  Although the song appears to have nothing to do with the road in east Austin.  I also just heard a live version of the tune, and I can't say it was better than the studio version - they have a little trouble hitting the notes?  We'll do one more, that was uploaded around the start of the year.  This is "Ride," with zero recorded streams on Spotify.
More of a straight R&B tune.  You know who they remind me of?  About a million years ago, my sweet son was walking through Target with my wife and got it in his head that he should pick out a CD for me because he knew that I like music.  The wife thought this was hilarious ( I was miffed that she wasted $15) but he picked out the Jamie Foxx album Best Night of My Life, which was relatively awful.  And I had to be like "oooh, cooooool, thanks kiddo, what a sweet gift to me!" while my wife suppressed laughter.  Jerk.  Anyway, this kind of sounds like that.  I don't need to go see it!


No comments: