Tuesday, May 1, 2018

ACL 2018: Lineup Leaks!

I know that by now I'm late to the party, I mean the full announcement happens in an hour, but the C3 folks put in the work to do two kind of fun lineup leaks last night, so I figured I'd at least mention them.  

First, and best, was this weird ass, totally silent, video of a laundrymat, where a handful of concert tees were spinning around in two dryers for like 9 hours.



You can't fast forward, you can't rewind, you just have to watch the whole thing and wait for the reveals.  Or, you know, you could hit up the Internet by now.  While I was watching it, I discerned David Byrne (cool), Metallica (hells to the yes), Chvrches (word), Japanese Breakfast (I had to do some internet sleuthing to figure out the t-shirt, but I don't even know who this band is), Houndmouth (cool), Austin Mahone (no clue), and Jungle (no clue).  Since then, the Internet has figured all of them out:
  • Arctic Monkeys
  • Khalid
  • Trampled by Turtles
  • The Revolution
  • The National
  • Shakey Graves
  • Sylvan Esso
Also, CBS Austin released a weird fake news story in which they dropped a bunch of spoilers.  I think you can see it through here, so long as your office doesn't block Facebook like mine.  The easy two I figured out from that video were Metallica and the Arctic Monkeys (awesome), but the Internet also has said that Camina Cabello, The Deftones, Hozier, Odesza, and Shawn Mendes are also in there.

Pretty pumped for the 10 am announcement!

No comments: