Thursday, July 31, 2014

Jhene Aiko

Good hook singer for top rappers, with her own soft R&B stuff.  If you listened to Drake's Nothing Was the Same, you'll recognize her from "From Time," which sounds pretty dang close to her most popular track on Spotify, "The Worst."


31 million damn views on YouTube?  Damn!  Either people like looking at her bra, like the way she steps over her dead man's body while she makes some peanut butter toast, or this song is good.  I think it might be the first, but the song is likeable.  Her rap in the middle is interesting because it is kind of quiet, not as low as a whisper, but there is something cool about the delivery she uses.

Her second most popular track from her album is Bed Peace, with Childish Gambino.


Which I find myself wanting to dislike, because in general I'd say that R&B is not my thing, but as I listen to the song and watch that video a second time, I find that I like this quite a bit.  The softness in her voice is really nice.  The message, of taking time in bed, sounds wonderful.  I'm going to send my kids to her stylish all-white flat next weekend and see how much bed peace she gets.

No comments: