Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Schedule! Friday thoughts.

It is going to take me some time to digest all of this, but the schedule for each day was just issued and I wanted to weigh in on my path through the weekend.

Friday:
Noon - Not sure if I will go out first thing on Friday, but if I'm there by noon, then I'd like to see Sphynx.  I think their live show will be fun and big energy.  If you haven't gone to my post about them and watched that grandma get crunk in their video, I think you are missing out.

1:15, I'd really like to see Temples.  Going to the park that early will likely lead to a brutal weekend, but Temples is freaking awesome.  I really hope I can take the time to go see them jam.

3:15 - Lake Street Dive.  I may go for Hozier instead, but I feel like LSD is the one I'd rather see.

4:15 - Chvrches are the first band that I feel like I must see.  Thankfully, I don't much care about the bands they are up against at this time.

5:15 - St. Vincent.  Looks like I'll be deep in the Lilith Fair experience of lady bands by now.  Maybe go see J. Roddy Walston & the Business instead, but I doubt it.

6:15 - I think I'll take a break to eat something here.  I could go see Foster the People, but I think I'd rather go get some grub or go see Childish Gambino just to get into position for Outkast.

7:15 - either Blackberry Smoke or get into position for Outkast.

8:15 - Outkast.  I truly hate skipping out on Beck.  I have dug Beck's chili ever since Odelay, but I have also seen him play live before and expect that I'll get to see him again someday.  His show at ACL Fest a few years ago was fantastic - great retrospective of classic songs, new stuff, and a few fun covers.  On the other hand, Outkast was one of my favorite rap groups in college and I've never seen them play.  I also expect that they will not tour again after this final money grab of 40 festivals this year.

No comments: