Monday, May 2, 2016

ACL 2016 Lineup Predictions: The Final Slate

Happy Austin City Limits Festival Lineup Announcement Week!  With the full lineup coming out on May 5, and no leaks on the Internet that I can find, I've got one last shot to try to predict this thing and win free tickets for life.  Right C3 guys?  That was the deal we made, right?  This is all going according to plan.

If you want to walk down memory lane with me and see my predictions thus far, go to the ACL 2016 Page, accessible via the tab up above.

There is obviously no way in hell I will be able to predict all 130-something artists coming to the festival, but I'll give a go at the headliners and then a handful of the down-poster artists. If you want deeper reasoning behind all of these, then go check out my past thoughts.

Headliners (top nine on the poster):

  • Radiohead
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • LCD Soundsystem
  • Kendrick Lamar
  • Ellie Goulding
  • Lana Del Rey
  • Major Lazer
  • Wilco
  • M83
While we are discussing Radiohead, how weird is it that they have apparently deleted much of their online presence today?  Their Twitter now makes it look like they have never tweeted.  Their website is now just a blank ass page.  I know they already hate on streaming so that I can't jam their music on Spotify all day, but apparently they are going to war with the Internet in general.  (although, you can still see their touring schedule on WASTE.)

Other Headliners that I Still Kind of Believe in but not that Hard Anymore:
  • Coldplay
  • Black Sabbath
  • Tool
  • Jane's Addiction
Further Down on the Poster:
  • Cage the Elephant
  • Chris Stapleton
  • Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats
  • The Struts
  • Jack U
  • Sufjan Stevens
  • Courtney Barnett
  • Jamie xx
  • Beach House
  • Two Door Cinema Club
  • X Ambassadors. 
  • Third Eye Blind.  
  • The Last Shadow Puppets.  
  • The 1975.  
  • St. Lucia.  
  • Silversun Pickups.  
  • Saint Motel. 
  • Purity Ring. 
  • Miike Snow.  
  • Haim.  
  • Hinds
  • Foals.  
  • Flume.  
  • Big Grams.  
  • Alessia Cara. 
  • Elle King
  • Grimes
  • Daughter
  • The Arcs
  • Zhu
  • The Front Bottoms
  • Jack Garratt
  • Cold War Kids
  • Jarryd James
  • Grace Potter
  • St. Paul & the Broken Bones
  • Sunflower Bean


Some of those on that list, I've never even heard of them, but when looking at the Lolla lineup compared with some of my other data sets, they make sense to be coming along to ACL this year.  There is some exciting stuff in this list, if I am right.  We'll see in a few more days.

No comments: