Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Oh Wonder

One Liner: Lovely but kind of boring little indie duets

Poster Position: 10


Thoughts:  Meh.  Well, hold on.  It is really quite lovely music, with male and female vocalist who sing just about everything together (not really in harmony, just in unison), over pretty basic little indie pop synth tracks.  Kind of surprised they would be as high as the tenth row.  Not bad music, just kind of boring to me.  They have one album, 2015's Oh Wonder, and the top song from that album is "Technicolour Beat," which has gathered 26.8 million listens on Spotify.

Like I said, not bad, but just not all that interesting.  According to Wikipedia, they did this album DIY by releasing one track a month for a year that resulted in this album.  I don't know why they became a viral sensation, but I'm not feeling it.  Here is the second most listened-to track on Spotify, "Drive" with 22.6 million.
Another pretty little tune, but I'm just not that into it.  I sincerely doubt that I will have any interested in seeing them play live.

No comments: