Friday, May 13, 2016

Catfish and the Bottlemen

One Liner: Badass rock and roll.

Poster Position: 7

Thoughts:  I have been listening to their new single for the past few weeks, and I'm smitten. This is "Soundcheck," with 5.3 million listens.
F YES!  That is some kick ass crunchy rock and damn roll.  These dudes are Welsh, and you can just barely hear an accent in the vocals, but the music itself is alternative/ garage/ rock that jams.  I know its just one single, but I am all in.  A new album is apparently coming out soon, to be called The Ride.

Before this new song, they had one other album, 2014's The Balcony.  I don't love it with the same burning fury as I do "Soundcheck," but it is also really good.  Kind of reminds me of the Arctic Monkeys.  I have to say that the band name just doesn't make me think of future stardom.  Seems like they need the shorter name to really explode.  But what do I know?  A few of the tracks off of that older album have over ten million listens, with none of them coming in at less than 4.2, so they have a pretty solid audience.  The top song from that album is called "Kathleen," and it has 22.6 million spins.
Also good from this album, "Pacifier" is pretty kick ass, "Cocoon" sounds good - especially the chorus, and I dig "Homesick."  Of additional entertainment value, you should look at the album cover for The Balcony.  I have no clue what is going on there with headless people reaching for action, but it made me grin anyway.

Anyway, I'm a fan.  This is fun music that is right up my alley and I'd love to see them do it all live. Let's do this.

No comments: