Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Bomba Estereo

One Liner: Catchy Latin electronic dance music transcends language for a few tunes.

Poster Position: 13


Thoughts:  I have no clue what kind of music this is.  Spotify's bio claims that they take tropical, cumbia, vellenato, champeta, electro, reggae, and pop to make a unique form of dance music.  I may not know what they are saying, or the style of music they are playing, but I'll readily admit that a few of these songs are infectiously fun and get me bobbing in my chair.  First example is their top track on Spotify, with 11.8 million for the remix and 5.4 million streams for the original, this is "Fiesta."

It starts out sounding like a new Coldplay song sped up by 1.5, then the voice kicks in, then the EDM drop fires up.  Seems like this would be a fun one to dance to in a big crowd for sure.  According to their bio, the big song they broke out with is called "Fuego."
Huh.  A little more straight-forward Latin sound without the electronic dance tweaks.  That is too bad. I much prefer the new stuff, even though I normally dislike EDM.  Uno mas, with their second most popular track on Spotify, called "Somos Dos."
Pretty tight rhythm.  Dude, by the way, is your spelling as bad as mine is these days?  I swear that auto-correct has ruined the pathways in my brain that used to remember spelling stuff.  "Rhythm" is the worst word, but I was just writing something that used the word "initiative" in it repeatedly, and I was wrong 99% of the time I typed that word.

Anyhoo, this group has a few cool sounding songs, but I still doubt I'd choose them to watch over most of the other bands at the festival.  Just not really my style of music.

No comments: