Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Caveman

One Liner: Good indie rock reminiscent of War on Drugs

Poster Position: 13

Thoughts:  This initial taste is very 80's synth rock and reminds me a lot of the sound of War on Drugs.  That most popular track, with 426k listens, is called "Never Going Back," and seriously is reminiscent of WOD's "Red Eyes" to me.
Nice!  I swear I came to the above conclusion and comparison on my own, without help, but the first comment on YouTube says this exact same thing.  Well, whatever, I think both of those songs are good and bully for these guys to get comparisons to another good band.

3 albums, 2012's CoCo Beware, 2013's Caveman, and 2016's Otero War.  "Never Going Back" is found on that new 2016 album, which is a nice rock album with liberal dosings of synth.  The whole sound is pretty great.  I've gone through all three albums three times now, and while I should have moved on, I like where they are going and just keep listening.  Kind of a shaggy rock sound, with some electronics present as well, but nothing super drum machine-y to deal with.  I will say that the first album is the weakest of the bunch for me.

Here is the top song from the sophomore album, called "In the City," which has just over 1 million streams.
Julia Stiles!  Even more awesome!  Except that video is hella disturbing!  Now I won't be able to sleep in a hotel ever again!  I like this band quite a bit and would definitely go try to see them jam it out in October.

No comments: