Tuesday, September 11, 2018

ACL 2018: DONE

Woohoo!

Pop the champagne!  More like ice my aching fingers.  Have I even admitted to you guys what a terrible typist I am?  Like, I generally just use my two index fingers, with the occasional thumb on the space bar and a pinky if I need to hit some weird key.  So these two poor little guys have just finished writing about 100,000,000 words about bands coming to ACL.  I'm gonna go pour them each a shot of bourbon and let them soak in there for a bit.

Next task is to work up the daily cheat sheets for us to use to figure out what to see at any given time.  I also need to look at the food, the booze, the transportation, and all the other weird logistics things to help you get around the park.  The fact that I reviewed EVERY band this year, instead of only doing weekend one, has significantly increased the workload for this thing.  But it was fun - I wouldn't have found out about Khruangbin or Wilderado  or Injury Reserve if I hadn't looked at Weekend One this year.

Be back soon!

1 comment: