Thursday, September 27, 2018

ACL 2018: Major Lineup Shakeup Again

Well, what the hell!  I need to just light my schedule spreadsheets on fire and walk away.

The ACL folks are obviously working hard to try to make things right after Childish Gambino crapped in their punchbowl.  They just announced that Lil' Wayne has been added to Second Weekend Staurday (which is tight) and that Phoenix has been added to First Weekend Sunday night.  

Personally, both of those additions are better than Gambino was in the first place!  I know that there are a lot of people who really wanted to see Gambino and are still going to be disappointed, but I like the attempt to make lemonade here.  ACL could have easily just thrown up their hands, pointed to Gambino pulling out on them, and left it all alone.  But grabbing two well-known artists out of the ether with only two weeks to go is a big move.

Now I need to get to work and put together two more reviews.

No comments: