Monday, September 10, 2018

Ty Morris & H.O.W. (2018)

One Liner: Gospel
Wikipedia Genre: Gospel
Home: Gospel

Poster Position: 29

Day: Saturday at 11:45
Weekend Two Only.

Thoughts: Not available on Spotify, but there are some YouTube videos.


Oh, you know what, now I recognize this band.  That is amazing - my brain is so full of garbage that is unnecessary to my survival.  These guys were here a few years ago, I'd remember that weird look - strange glasses, bowtie, and t-shirt - anywhere.  Like he's trying to be CeeLo.

But from looking back at my old posts, they used to be called Tyrell Morris & Hearts of Worship.  Gospel isn't my thing, but the groove in that song is something you can't deny.  Almost 10,000 views on YouTube, so there isn't a huge following out there for this group yet.  But they sound great to me.  Well, I could do without him telling me to get my swag on. But otherwise, okey doke.
How about another one?  Called "So I..."
Oh, well, now we found autotune.  And Kanye West.  More of a rap groove.  Not as good as the old tune.  But the backup singers are legit.


The group is from Denver, and according to the website, they are touring the country melding "Gospel, Hip-Hop, R&B, Retro-Funk, Jazz and nuances of Neo-Soul into an electrifying performance that is engaging, uninhibited and life-giving."  Keep on doing it, man.  You can do it without me at that early time slot, but go right ahead.

No comments: