One Liner: Whispery and Falsetto dream pop that is making me insane
Wikipedia Genre: dream pop
Home: London
Poster Position: Third Quarter - Line 15
Day: Saturday at 1pm
Both Weekends.
T-Mobile Stage
Thoughts: I sort of went in to this the other day in writing about Happy Landing. I feel bad when outside influences make me dislike something, but I literally am having trouble listening to this band. I have been getting about a phone call a day from someone at work whose voice reminds me of the lady in Office Space who shrilly answers the phone in the same high-pitched cadence over and over again. And then I turn this on, and its a lady whispering and shrilling over synth pop and I can't take it anymore. I'm about to clean a bass on my desk.
More importantly, I need to write this up and move on to something I want to hear so that I can get some work done. Night Tapes is a UK-Estonian dream pop band based in London. The members are Iiris Vesik (Estonia), Max Doohan (UK), and Sam Richards (UK), who began jamming together as housemates in South London in the late 2010s resulting in their first release Dream Forever in Glorious Stereo (2019). Their band name comes from these evening jam sessions. There you go. One real album, 2025's portals//polarities. The top song on there is "television" with 6.7 million streams.
I am having a hard time imagining standing in a dusty field when it is 102 degrees and trying to pay attention to this. I am sorry to be so dismissive, but this is really under my skin today.
No comments:
Post a Comment