Monday, August 24, 2026

it's murph

One Liner:  Just in case you wanted more generic EDM, you are in luck!

Wikipedia Genre:  No Wikipedia, but this is EDM
Home: Nashville

Poster Position: TOP Quarter - Line 6
Both Weekends.
Saturday at 5:30

SnapChat Stage

Thoughts:  I thought for sure that this had already been here, but I guess I must be thinking of Jesse Murph.  But, to no one's surprise at all, this is more FLIPPING EDM.  And also guess what?  It sounds a lot like the other EDM!

His first solo single, "Food for the Soul" was released in 2023 and is still his most popular tune with 72 million streams.

Generic woman singing bits?  Check.  A build up to a bass-thump section?  Check.  Some woozy synth smears?  Check.  Feels like I have heard it many times before because it sounds like all of the other EDM pop?  You betcha!  If he is one of those dudes on the boat, then he is for sure a bro.  After high school, he went to the University of Southern California and DJ'ed at parties, so I bet my portrayal is correct.  Also, he created that song, his top hit, as his entry for a final exam while in school.  That is kind of cool.  He apparently graduated in Spring 2023, and has become a mainstay of the festival circuit when they need to fill another spot with some sick beats but not pay Flume prices.

Mostly all singles, with one 2025 album called Weightless.  He has one song with Khalid, but it still just sounds like the rest of this, it just happens to have a higher quality voice doing the singing.  His real name is Garrett Murphy, and he grew up doing music - piano lessons, school choir, etc. before seeing Porter Robinson in concert and deciding that EDM was cool.  Second-most streamed that is really his own song is the also very generic "High and I Like It" with 31.4 million streams.

Are all of his music videos just crappy home video footage of him and his bros partying?  Sounds pretty fun.  I want to not work and just go party with my bros and film it.  But, another song that sounds like a good party anthem to jump around to at the Fest (but absolutely will disappear from my mind after about eight minutes right now).

No comments: