Thursday, August 27, 2026

Finn Wolfhard

One Liner:  Another Stranger Things alum coming to the Fest

Wikipedia Genre:  alternative rock, indie rock
Home: Vancouver

Poster Position: Second Quarter - Line 11
Both Weekends.
Saturday at 2:45

American Express Stage

Thoughts:  I sort of thought we would see Maya Hawke here as the next Stranger Things alum on the ACL poster before we would have seen this fella, but I guess she is busy still acting.

Very limited catalog.  He's definitely cashing in on the fame and I would guess he will hop up there and bash out a smattering of covers into his originals.  One album, 2025's Happy Birthday, and then two singles since then.  It is pretty regular indie rock stuff.  The top song right now on Spotify is a new single called "I'll Let You Finish" which I really want to think means that he is a generous lover.  1.7 million streams.

Nice enough.  Nothing too special or revelatory.  If he wasn't on one of the most famous shows of the past decade, not sure that anyone would notice this.  But let's unwrap that a little bit.  Stranger Things.  Mike Wheeler.  Who was not as much of a lil' bitch as Will, but sometimes was an annoying lil bitch in that show.  He was in a show called The 100 long ago, and I don't recall him from there (not sure if I watched more than one season though, it got annoyingly soap opera-ey), and then went to an open casting call for Stranger Things.  After blowing up along with the show, he got to star in the new version of It and then It Chapter Two, did a pile of smaller things, and then scored a spot in the Ghostbusters re-boot.  Pretty good deal for a kid from Vancouver.  In addition to this solo music, he has also been in bands Calpurnia and The Aubreys.  Don't know them.

His biggest streamer is "Objection!" from that 2025 disc.  9.9 million streams.

Good tune.  The start of that song keeps making me think of Cracker's "Happy Birthday to Me."  "I'm feelin' thankful!  For the small things today!"  And the start of "Wait" brings to mind "Satisfaction" when he sings "I can't" in a slow way.  You know, with rock stuff being so few and far between on this poster, I'll probably go watch this.  But I wish there was something more interesting in his space.


No comments: