Monday, August 24, 2026

lluvii

One Liner:  Latin art rock with a little funk to it

Wikipedia Genre:  No Wikipedia, but art rock, Latin, afrobeat, Latin psych?
Home: Austin

Poster Position: Bottom Quarter - Line 24
Weekend Two Only.
Saturday at 2

BeatBox Stage.

Thoughts: "lovey"?  "loovey"?  "LuLuooveyeeye"?  Huh, none of the above, it is apparently pronounced as You-Vee.  Suuuuuure.  

A five piece from right here in Austin, they play a worldly art rock kind of thing that isn't nearly as funky as Khruangubin, but definitely sounds like Latin music at times.  They apparently all met in Denton, playing in multiple bands and weaving together different sounds.  They seem like nice folks.

A 2023 EP and a 2024 EP, and then a handful of singles.  Very few streams overall.  Their top track is "Up All Night" with 7,729 streams.

Fun groove right there and the horns make the tune.  No other song breaks the 5k streaming threshold, so they aren't exactly lighting the world on fire.  Meanwhile, I make zero music and have zero streams, so maybe I should be quiet.  I doubt I would go to see this one.

No comments: