Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Laszewo

One Liner:  Regular ass EDM with lots of covers/remixes

Wikipedia Genre:  No Wikipedia, but EDM
Home: Santa Barbara, CA

Poster Position: Second Quarter - Line 8.
Weekend Two Only. 
Saturday at 3:15

Miller Lite Stage

Thoughts:  Bummer.  Their top track is just a techno remix of Lola Young's "Messy."  Who cares?

Wikipedia has four entries for this word, and they are all locations in Poland.  Łaszewo, Brodnica County in Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship (north-central Poland); Łaszewo, Świecie County in Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship (north-central Poland); Łaszewo, Masovian Voivodeship (east-central Poland); Łaszewo, West Pomeranian Voivodeship (north-west Poland).  So there you have it.  Poland.  You pronounce it La-zay-woah.

In 2018, Justin De La Fuente overheard Keeva Bouley singing through her open apartment window with her sorority sisters, he immediately knocked on her door and the rest was history. Well, that's not creepy at all.   "Hey ladies, just wanted to meet that girl singing, I make sweet beats on my laptop."  Other funny thing, one of the two DJ guys said that "there's not really any other electro-pop music group doing what we do."  Reaaaaaally?  Listen to one song and it feels pretty much like any other generic EDM with a lady singer adding vocals.

Many, many singles, and then one album, 2024's In Color.  The album tracks have not been very popular - no track has more than 2 million streams.  The top one is "Headed Back Home (Life's In Color)" with 1.9 million.

Sorry, but that just sounds like generic EDM to me.  I hear nothing new or interesting or groundbreaking.  If you told me that was John Summit, or Diplo, or whatever other EDM guy you want to name, I'd be like, sure...

Top song other than Messy, which has 92.5 million streams BTW, is "HIGHJACK (right back)" which could also be a cover for all I know.  46.9 million streams.

Sure.  I could see people grooving to this in the Fest.  Completely uninteresting to me, but I know my girls will probably love it.

No comments: