Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Snow Strippers

One Liner:  More regular ass EDM

Wikipedia Genre:  Electronic, EDM, electropop
Home: Detroit

Poster Position: Top Quarter - Line 5.
Both Weekends. 
Saturday at 5:15

Miller Lite Stage

Thoughts:  Sadness.  Another generic EDM thing.  Gotta hurry up and write something about this so that I can move on to something less depressing.

Formed in Detroit in 2021 with singer Tatiana Schwaninger and record producer Graham Perez.  Wikipedia says they were part of the "indie sleaze" movement in 2021, but I don't know why this music would be considered indie or sleaze.  Its just generic electronic crapola.  And yet its on the 5th line of the poster!!  They met on Tinder in 2018 and then moved together to Detroit.  Some of it sort of sounds like messed up video game music from the 8 bit days.

Top track is "Under Your Spell" with by far their most streams at 297.9 million.  Nothing else cracks 70 million.

They put as much effort into that video as they did into the song.  I don't get it at all.  Here is "Just Your Doll," with 67.8 million streams.

Another garbage video to go with a garbage song.  I feel like I am watching human trafficking happen in that video.  Hard no to seeing this dumb stuff in person.

No comments: