Monday, August 24, 2026

Arcy Drive

One Liner: Attic Rock is just another name for garage rock
Wikipedia Genre: No Wikipedia, but garage rock and indie rock
Home: Long Island, NY

Poster PositionSecond Quarter - Line 11

Day: Saturday at 3:15
Weekend One Only

Miller Lite Stage.

Thoughts:  A foursome from a Long Island town called Northport.  I didn't know that Long Island had other towns, I just thought Long Island was a town, like saying Brooklyn (and admittedly know jack squat about LI).  Now, pulling it up on the Google, I see how completely ignorant that is.  LI is huge, larger than Rhode Island, and peppered with different little towns.  The More You Know!!!

They call their style Attic Rock, but it sounds like a lot of the current Noah Kahan-esque sound indebted to the Stomp-Clap folks who came before them.  They claim to integrate punk, alternative, and indie, and the main thing I am hearing is that this is kind of raw and unpolished.  But it is getting noticed, as they are on ACL's poster as well as Bonnaroo and Governor's Ball.  I think they just came up with a different way to say garage rock.  Like if the Strokes wanted to try to make Stomp-Clap tunes.

Their first disc is a live album called Attic Sessions from 2022, and then they released their one real album, The Pit, in 2025.  The funny thing (to me at least) is that the "live" sound feels like it pretty well matches the "studio" sound.  They didn't really polish things up to try to make a slick album.  Their top song is a 2022 single called "Roll My Stone" with 13 million streams.

Dig it.  Even without a polished sheen, I like the visceral feel of them bashing that out.  The top song from the new album is called "Louie," and has 5.3 million streams and a real video.

Going for the vocal fry business and lookin' like grandpas.  Makes him almost sound British, like this is an Arctic Monkey's b-side.  I like the bassline.  "Rocket Chair" is also a cool song - it sort of develops as it goes and I like the end groove a lot.

An awkward part of an interview I read, where the interviewer asked the drummer about her being calm and stoic behind the kit, and she was like what are you talking about - I play with a lot of energy like it's my last show.  "I don't hold back. What's the question again?"  haha.  Get 'em Brooke!

Other funny thing, when Spotify got to the end of the new album, it started to play similar things and I thought West 22nd's song sounded a lot like these guys (and was pretty good).  I like these guys, I'd go check it out.

No comments: