Sunday, August 30, 2026

Levity

One Liner:  More dubstep EDM smush

Wikipedia Genre:  No Wikipedia, but dubstep, angry EDM
Home: Chicago

Poster Position: TOP Quarter - Line 4
Both Weekends.
Saturday at 7:15

Miller Lite Stage

Thoughts: FML.  I literally picked this one hoping that I would find a hidden gem that was not EDM, R&B, or pop.  And immediately, it sounds like I wandered into Skrillex's studio when he was trying out some of his less successful ideas before cutting them.  Why is this poster like this.  Don't answer that.  I already know.  I think I just wish that they would start a new festival that was all crappy stuff for children with TikTok brain, and then leave ACL to the people who want to hear real music.  Probably not profitable, but I wonder.

The second song is literally giving me a twitch beneath my eye.  Gotta hurry up and write this up to move on to the next crap.  Somehow, this is three DJs making these tunes together.  Which is definitely confusing.  Which of them is actually making the horrible sounds, and what are the other two doing during that time?  I found a post on Reddit from 2 years ago, with a guy asking what is the deal with this group blowing up when their music is extremely derivative and basic experimental bass.  The responses are pretty typical - someone calling them an industry plant because they had lots of camera angles at a popup show, someone saying one of the guys has a brother in Louis the Child, someone saying they have all gotten successful as solo guys who joined forces so they already knew the industry, someone says their sets are fuckin' fun and they are smart on social media, etc.

Not a ton of songs on Spotify, but they also claim to have removed a lot of the older stuff that they claim they don't connect with anymore.  The top single still out there is called "Flip It."  20.9 million streams.

Feels like something I have heard in a commercial.  Going to finish this one up now, their newest single is "Neon Soul" with 1 million streams.

I'm sure everyone who goes is going to have a blast bounding around and watching the pretty lasers as the drugs kick in and they lose their minds.  I have no clue what I will be watching on the other side of the park, so hell, maybe I'll be there with you.

No comments: