Monday, August 15, 2016

ACL Schedule

So, I feel like this happens each year.  I'm plugging along and listening to all the tunes, fully prepared to go into great detail about the schedule once it comes out, and then the damn thing drops while I'm on vacation.  I fully expect that you have already studied the schedule and know more about it than I do by now, and I plan to do a much more in depth study of it in the near future, but here are instant thoughts.

Honestly, Friday looks pretty good.  Kind of a weak day up until the end of the night.  5pm is a wasteland for me, with St. Lucia, Cold War Kids, and Tory Lanez.  Sounds like a good time to grab dinner!

Saturday is annoying right off the bat, with Nothing But Thieves, Matt the Electrician, and The Gills all at 12:45.  Weak.  Then I've got to decide between Saint Motel and City & Colour, which is hard. Even worse?  Catfish & the Bottlemen vs. LL Cool J.  Even worse?  Cage the Elephant vs. Schoolboy Q!  Damn you, scheduler people of C3!!!  End of the night, I have a philosophical decision to make. Do I go see Two Door Cinema Club, who I honestly really enjoyed, or give in to the EDM thing and go watch the Chainsmokers and jump my ass off?

I shouldn't complain, but how in the hell is Kacey Musgraves at 2 pm on Sunday?  Seems way to early for her to me.  Sunday, I could spend a kick ass day just walking back and forth between HomeAway and Samsung, with Musgraves, Margo Price, Nathaniel Rateliff, St. Paul & the Broken Bones, Chris Stapleton, Haim, and Mumford all back and forth that day.  Pretty awesome.  I'll miss Pete Yorn, NF, Local Natives, Young the Giant, and LCD, but I think that might be a fair trade. Maybe this year I'll try bringing chairs on that day and just chill in between those two stages. Probably not, but maybe?

My plan this year is to create a spreadsheet that incorporates the schedule and shows which band you should go see instead of others.  We'll see how motivated I am in the next month and a half.

No comments: