Saturday, August 6, 2016

Avery*Sunshine

One Liner: Smooth soul/R&B action

Poster Position: 23

Thoughts:  First thought, immediately upon starting the first song, is that her voice is gorgeous.  Here, check this one out:
That just sounds so sweet.  That track is called "See You When I Get There," and has 1.1 million streams on Spotify.  According to her bio, her real name is Denise White and she's kind of a big deal, including being invited to sing at President Obama's inauguration.  Some of her tunes go into gospel, such as "Blessin' Me," but most of them have that same gospel-ish sound without the overt religion.  She's got two albums available on Spotify, as well as some singles and an EP or two.  Both that song up there and this next one are from the 2014 album The SunRoom.  This one is called "Call My Name."
Not my musical taste at all, this kind of slow jam R&B business, but I can't deny that her voice is lovely.  I doubt I'd go see her at the festival, but its nice music.

No comments: