Monday, August 1, 2016

Honne

One Liner: I don't know, man.  More indie synth stuff.  These bands are starting to run together.

Poster Position: 17

Thoughts:  Their Spotify bio is so barf-central it made me grin.  "Taking their name from the Japanese concept of 'true feelings' and one's intimate self, British duo Honne combine soul with synths to convey their vision of musical intimacy."  Blurg.  That being said, the music is fine. Despite a relatively plain package of just synths and drum machines, I've found myself nodding along a few times.  Their harmonies aren't bad either.
The one that keeps popping back up and making me want to jam is "Gone are the Days," which isn't their biggest hit but is snappy.  6.4 million streams.
The singer frequently makes me think of the vocal tone of Chris Martin from Coldplay.  They have one full album, 2016's Warm on a Cold Night, and then a handful of EPs.  None of it does much for me, but like I said before, its fine.  The biggest track is "Someone That Loves You," which has 8.2 million streams, and is both on the new album and was a previous single.
See, that will get your head bobbing.  Its pretty cool sounding.  But after an entire album? I'm out.  Doubt I'll do them live either.

No comments: