Thursday, August 25, 2016

ACL 2016 NOT DONE!

Me: I just finished my final review!  Woohoo!
Internet: Nope.  Loser.
Me: Oh, hey, uh, but it was like a million hours of listening and writing and stuff, I'm pretty psyched. It was 106 total bands!
Internet:  You suck at listening and you suck at writing.  LCD Soundsystem is the best band ever.
Me: Yeah, I tried really hard, but I'm just not getting it, man.  But my point is that the listening project is wrapped for the year!  Big news!  NOw I can go listen to the new Chili Peppers!
Internet:  Well, you suck and you're not even done, you loser.
Me: Dude.  I did it, I am finished!  I even did all the new additions like Kamaiyah and Corbu.
Internet:  Hahaha, you got played by the ACL people, man.  You know how you said that there is no more Austin Kiddie Limits?  WRONG!
Me: DOH!  They weren't on the poster!  The Q Brothers are back!  Death!
Internet:  And I've run a check, did you listen to the Quaker City Night Hawks?
Me: No, man, they're not on the lineup poster.
Internet: Check again, sucka!  How about Porter Robinson & Madeon?  Or Ron Gallo?  Nope and Nope.  You suck at this, Jack.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Who am I kidding.  Other than the Q Brothers, more new music is a good thing, and who knows, one of these remaining few may just be the greatest band I've ever heard.  Let's get some.

No comments: