Thursday, September 9, 2021

Sun Room

One Liner: California surf rock sunshine
Wikipedia Genre: No Wikipedia, but this is surf rock and garage rock
Home: Southern Cali

Poster Position: Late Addition
Weekend One Only.
Saturday at 12:05 on the BMI Stage.


Thoughts: Surf rock, baby!  These are four young dudes from southern California making classic sounding surf rock noise.  Easy to digest and really good.  A short interview I read with the band members said that they actually surf, and dig the 60's classic rock sound, so this all just came out naturally.  They also get influences from Australian bands (that I've never heard of) like Skeggs and Surf Trash.

They've only got nine songs, so you'll get to the end of the rainbow pretty quick on Spotify, but the whole group is fun stuff.  I've enjoyed running through it a few times.  The top track is "Sol Del Sur," with 2.1 million streams.
Love it.  Laid back, nice harmonies, good chilled track.  The more recent single is called "Crashed My Bike," with a current streaming count of 354k streams.  Just released this year.
Uh oh - looks like this track was on season 2 of Outer Banks.  Going to blow these guys up now!  My teenage daughter fired through the new season of that show in one sitting - the wife and I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I'm sure having this tune in there will make complete sense.  A surfer rock vibe will match up just perfectly for the Pogues.

I like these guys.  Too bad their time slot is so bad - noon on Saturday is a tough draw.


No comments: