Friday, September 10, 2021

Yendry

One Liner: Dominican singer doing Spanish pop/R&B.

Wikipedia Genre: Latin pop, Urbano, Latin R&B, electro
Home: Dominican Republic

Poster Position: Late Addition
Weekend One Only.
Saturday at 1:35 at the BMI Stage

Thoughts:  Yendry Cony Fiorentino was on one of those singing competition shows - X Factor Italy - which got her a record deal and membership in a group for a few years.  However, again, I am significantly out of my depth when it comes to Spanish language music.  I guess I can rule on the background tunes - relatively uninspired and uninteresting.  Just more semi-reggaeton/semi-urbano beats with this lady slathering her pretty voice over the top.  I won't remember it in four minutes.

No full albums, just some singles.  The top single is "Nena," with 5.8 million streams.
She's got a great voice and she's pretty, but I literally won't recall that song ever again.  From the look on her face, the words she is saying are very hard and valuable and important.  her second-most streamed track is another version of that same song.  Third place is "Barrio" with 2.8 million streams.
Yep, I'm good!  I hope she has a huge crowd and everyone loves it, but I'd easily choose Charley Crockett over this show for myself.

No comments: