Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Saleka

One Liner: The daughter of M. Night Shyamalan doing R&B

Wikipedia Genre:  R&B
Home: L.A.

Poster Position: 17

Day: Friday at 1 on the Honda Stage
Weekend Two Only.

Thoughts:  Well, between this gal and JJ Abrams' daughter both being on the bill for ACL, we should be able to get a pretty great movie made about Austin City Limits.  There will need to be aliens, and a big twist reveal.  Maybe a gritty story of a roadie for Miley Cyrus who is secretly an alien and works hard to hide that fact, and then the big reveal is that so is Cyrus and everyone else who works for her.

Funny, because when I saw that her second-most popular track was on the soundtrack for Old, I was like, okay she's up and coming and made her way onto a soundtrack!  Nope.  Daddy threw her a bone and got her a track.

Top track is "Clarity," a 2020 single with 353k streams.
Wait, that actor at the start is legit.  He was in Black Mirror.  Must have owed her dad a favor.  Her voice is nice, she's very pretty, but I won't remember that song in ten minutes.  her second-most streamed is "Mr. Incredible" with 256k.
Too much pop voice for me.  I will say that her sister is pretty talented at making the music videos though!  That one is creepy!

I know I should probably give her more of a chance, but this is entirely forgettable R&B stuff here, so I don't see her as winning any fame on her own accord.  Definitely feels like she's here because of her pops.  I will not see this show.

No comments: