Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Tenille Arts

One Liner: Nashville country

Wikipedia Genre: Country
Home: Saskatchewan (except now in Nashville)

Poster Position: Late Addition
Weekend One Only.
Sunday at 3:30pm on the BMI Stage.

Thoughts:  If you see thatband name, don't you automatically think of Captain and Tenille?  Is that the point?  I was expecting that the band would be doing some yacht rock to lean into that.  Instead, this is country?  Totally unexpected.  I guess that is her actual name?  Deeply confusing.  Also weird that they would put her up against Cam on the schedule.  The people who want to see ladies sing heartfelt country music are going to be so torn.

Yep, that is her actual name.  Tenille Jade Dakota Arts.  Her parents are really something with all of those names.  Canadian - from Saskatchewan.  I can't think of a more fun place name to say off the top of my head.  Feels like the place where Big Foot is from, where every dude has a thick beard and can drink more than their body weight in beer, where bears eat entire cars.  In high school, she was noticed via the Internet by a talent person in Nashville and briefly moved to Nashville, before deciding to go back to Canada to finish school.  After she graduated though, it was back to the bachelorette hellhole of America.  

Speaking of people about to get married, she apparently got exposure by showing up on the Bachelor and playing a song.  Which is weird.  Like, she just wandered in while the contestants were humping and sang a country song at their beast with two backs?  Oh, or even worse, the dork contestants just came in and messed up her concert.
My goodness her mouth can open so wide.  When she does the chorus she could accidentally swallow the Bachelor whole.  Not that I've ever watched it but that show blows.

Let's get this over with.  Her top song is "Somebody Like That."  43.4 million streams.
Ugh.  I've been shopping for cars, and so now every dang YouTube commercial I get before these videos is some bad ad for a Mitsubishi Kia or something.  Yeah man, if you're into that classic Nashville thing or a pretty girl singing a vacuous tune about "daddy sayin' thats my girl right thurrr" over a crappy rock beat with too much tambourine, then this is the jam.  oooh guitar solo, baby!  Hells yeah, Brooks and Dunn and jealous as shit right now!

One more.  "I Hate This" has 14 million streams.  From the same 2020 album as that song above.
I still don't understand how her name is Tenille Arts.  What is the deal with that?  Hey, this article says she was named after Captain and Tenille!  I know shit!  The article also says that she used to belt our Shania Twain songs in her backyard so loud that a neighbor noticed and told her mom to pursue the voice.  If some kid was wailing "Any Man of Mine" loud enough for me to hear in my backyard I'd throw water balloons over the fence, not encourage it.

Pretty voice, pretty face, not my thing.  Y'all have fun.

No comments: