Thursday, September 12, 2024

DAIISTAR

One Liner:  My favorite new thing (and also a kinda Britpoppy psych rock thing)

Wikipedia Genre: No Wikipedia, but Britpop and psych rock
Home: Austin!

Poster Position: 23
Weekend Two Only.
Sunday at 12:10.

Miller Lite Stage.

Thoughts:  Is it weird to anyone else that some of the best rock and roll stuff on the whole damn poster is just shoved into early Sunday on Weekend Two?  Why can't I get some Rickshaw Billie's, these cats, and Molecular Steve on Weekend One?  Hoes.

This first song is going to get your ass out of your seat, baby.  "Star Starter" sounds like something that Austin Powers would be dancing to when he shows up in 90's England.  Super tasty.  190k streams.

Like, that isn't Oasis, but is it Blur or Pulp or Stone Roses?  Please play this at my funeral and everyone is requested to boogie their asses off on top of my casket.  I am very much enjoying just letting this stuff roll right now!  A couple singles and a 2023 album called Good Time that starts off with that song up above.  "Heathens Gate" just got me ready to move to Manchester and dance through the streets.  The combo of those drums and that guitar strummage and those light vocals.  Eat it up.

You just say the band name as "daystar," by the way.  Second biggest tune is "Tracemaker" with 173k.

When that starts, you just FREAKING KNOW that the tambourine is about to start in with the drums in a few seconds.  God it scratches an itch in my brain when it happens.  The dud really plays his guitar funny, but I think this whole schtick freaking rules.  Sign me up.

I mean, listen to the infinite fuzz of this live set of them at some Seattle radio station and tell me it doesn't light up your pleasure center.
I was kind of hoping they'd talk and tell about themselves or something, but it rules either way.  In the interview piece, that went like shit - he asked where the band name came from, and the dude was like "dunno?"  They apparently started the band in 2020 with masks and all that crap.  Either way, I am super in.

No comments: