Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Hudson Westbrook

One Liner:  Solid young country fella, reminds me of Wyatt Flores

Wikipedia Genre: no Wikipedia, but country.
Home: I think Stephenville, Texas

Poster Position: Late Addition
Both Weekends
Friday at 2:25.

Honda Stage.

Thoughts:  He reminds me a lot of that Wyatt Flores guy, where he has a sort of whininess to his vocal tone, but still sounds pretty badass.  He's only got five songs, so he has been a hard one to just set and forget while I get work done, I keep looking up and being like "yeah, man, Johnny Walker and all that damn."  His top song is more laid back rock and less country, and I like it.  "Take It Slow" has 6.2 million streams.

Still a little country rock flavor, but just more towards the rock end of that spectrum than his other four songs.  Here is one of his 2024 singles - "5 to 9" with 1.4 million streams.

Shooting a video must be so weird.  "I need you to strum your guitar in these nine different stations all around this cattle pen, and I'll film you singing the song in all nine places, so that I can do five hundred million cuts and create the actual video."  I honestly like the tune.  It is pretty generic country pablum, but it has me bopping along and wanting to sign the chorus.  His tune called "Two Way Drive" is apparently a TikTok hit with millions of views.

One article I read mentioned that he is a Texan, but I am not finding much true background on the guy.  He is a current Texas Tech student.  That is freaking dope as hell.  I want to be a college kid who is about to get to go on stage at ACL!  He might be from Stephenville?  Dunno.  Seems like a wild thing, but hopefully he gets load of success.  That being said, ACL REPLACED CATFISH AND THE BOTTLEMEN WITH A TEENAGER WITH 5 FREAKING SONGS?!?!?!?!?!?!  THAT IS BUTT!!!

No comments: