Saturday, April 26, 2014

Childish Gambino

I’m surprised.  If you have heard about this dude, then you know that he is an actor from the show Community (which I have never watched, so I couldn’t judge his acting skillzz) who decided to rap over beats he had been making.  My recollection (it may be an old wives tale) is that he used some sort of internet name generator to make up the most rappish name he could.  Whatever.  It is a funny name either way.  His music is pretty solid, straight-forward rap.  Most listened to on Spotify is Heartbeat:


(which has a little techno flair going on), but my favorite of the new album was 3005:


 or Worldstar:

He might end up being great, but my personal experience with rap I don’t know is that the show is not as fun as if I know every lyric and can jam along with the guy.  Ask any of the people within 20 feet of me at the Ice Cube show last summer.  I’m going to add this album (Because the Internet) to my playlist because I think its pretty solid, but I don’t know that I am sold on seeing the guy.

No comments: