Saturday, July 4, 2015

George Ezra

The "All for you, woooooo, you, wooooooo, I dobeeedoh" guy.  He has one massive hit that is on the radio all the time right now - "Budapest."  167 million spins on Spotify, with his next closest song left in the dust by over 100 million.  Here you go, as though you've never heard this one before:
Cool video.  I linked to it previously when I review Ezra's one album a few months ago.  While he has a different sounding voice that is kind of cool, the full album is just fine.  Not bad, in fact, I think his voice makes it interesting, but after trying the album out again, I just still wouldn't ever go back to hear it again on purpose.  By the way, although I sang the lyrics to end with "I doh-si-doh" for the first few months of hearing the song, the actual lyric there is "I'd leave it all."  Meaning he has lots of cool stuff, but you are so cool that he'd leave it all behind to come be with you.  You lucky girl.

Ezra is an English fella, and reached number one on the charts in the UK as well as several other countries.  Interestingly, the first American city in his top YouTube watching cities is New York at #20.  He's had more spins in places like Newcastle-upon Tyne, Zagreb (which is the name of the bad guy in the next Avengers), or Brisbane.  Interesting.  Hell, in his top 100 cities, only 7 are in the U.S. Truly an international star.
His second most listened-to track is called "Blame it on Me," and has just over 38 million listens.
Yep.  Pretty good.  He also has a song called "Cassy O'," which makes me wonder if they have Casio watches or keyboards in England, because it sure sounds like he is doing a commercial when he sings that song.  "CaaassiioooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooo."  I hope a million people go crowd his stage and make it amazing, while the Father John Misty stage gets left entirely empty for me to get a special serenade.

No comments: