Thursday, July 16, 2015

Ryn Weaver

Pop.  She has one large hit (the cringingly titled "OctaHate") that was apparently a collaboration with Charlie XCX, the Passion Pit singer, someone or something called Cashmere Cat, and Benny Blanco, which helped her fire up over 13.7 million listens for that track.
Simple, snappy beat that turns into a pretty complex mix of sounds under her lyrics.  Not my thing. Her second most listened-to track is called "Promises" and has 2.3 million spins on Spotify.
Yeah, that is fine as far as it goes, but I'll never go back and try to hear any of these songs again. Maybe because I saw that she had collaborated with Passion Pit before, but this reminds me of their music.  Pretty easy to cut her off of my must-see list.

1 comment:

Joseph Cathey said...

I think she left an "a" out of her name. That's all.