Thursday, July 16, 2015

Milo Greene

Indie pop music, where their first album is actually pretty good, but the new album misses the mark for me.  Two albums, 2012's Milo Greene and 2015's Control.  The most popular track (by a big chunk, with over 7.5 million listens on Spotify) is "1957" from that debut album.
Good driving beat and nice harmonies, reminds me of Monsters and Men.  The second most listened-to track is also off of that debut album, and is called "Silent Way."
4.2 million listens.  More harmonies, some nice banjo plucking.  "When we're older, can I still come over?"  I like it.  But then, off of the second album, the most popular song is "White Lies," with just over 2.6 million spins.
More of a generic 80's synth thing going on, and not especially interesting to me.  Also sounds kind of like Sarah McLachlan trying to go synth pop.  I'd rather that they had just kept going with the pretty, old-school harmonics and left the synth pop to the ex-Disney starlets.  Some of the tunes on the new album aren't as off-putting to me, but they still aren't as good as the debut.  I doubt I'll check these guys out, but we'll see how the schedule plays out.

No comments: