Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Houndmouth

Shaggy southern rock with a country flavor.  I checked out their most recent album a few months ago based on a recommendation from my friend Josh, and liked it a lot.  Here is a video of them performing one of my favorite tunes from that album, "15 Years," at a SXSW show that appears to be in the parking lot Waterloo.
Terrible sound on that video, but maybe you get the point?  Well, you probably don't, and you should just go check out the album on Spotify for yourself.  Their most listened-to track, by a good margin, is "Sedona" from 2015's Little Neon Limelight.  Click the link to my old review of this album to see that one.  Good tune.
Their second-most listened-to song is "On the Road," with just over 2 million listens, from 2013's From the Hills Below the City.
Creepy video (I think that must be the default norm for people these days) but tightly jammy little melody.  A relatively new band, they formed in 2011 and were signed right after playing the 2012 SXSW shows in Austin.  Hailing from Indiana, but I think they have a southern sound.  According to Wikipedia, they have played ACL before, but I must have missed them that year.  My loss, because I am enjoying their music quite a bit.  I'll go check them out.

1 comment:

Joseph Cathey said...

Jessica and I dig this band....big fans!!