Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Daily Lineup Announced (no schedule!)

Lineup-By-Day was announced this morning: http://www.aclfestival.com/lineup-by-day-weekend-one/.  No schedule announced yet, so now you get a chance to go on there and stress about the terrible choices that you might have to make, maybe, depending on what happens.

For example, Friday night has the Foo Fighters, Disclosure, Gary Clark, Jr., and Tame Impala all listed as the top line headliners for that night.  That is my #1, my #2, and my #4, along with the EDM artist I was most likely to want to go see, likely all playing at the same time.  Which is a horrible thing.  The only way this works out well is if Gary Clark, Jr. plays the same stage as the Foo Fighters and I can just work my way up close for both of them. Otherwise, sadness abounds.

In addition to noticing those issues, I also looked at the lineup in general, and they have added a bunch of other bands.  No one exciting (I don't know why, but I keep wishing they would add Blur) but now I've got to go back and listen to the following:

  • G Eazy
  • Vince Staples
  • Fidlar
  • Jidenna
  • Luis Coronel
  • Alina Baraz
  • Waters
  • Kali Uchis
  • The Last Bandoleros
  • Disciples of Christ
And I can quit worrying about watching Classixx (good riddance), Mako (likewise), or Holychild (seriously, thank God.  I had them easily ranked as the worst thing coming in October).  Back with more soon!

Weird thing - Kevan commented last night that Classixx is actually going to be coming to weekend one, but when I look at the lineup for weekend one on the website, it looks like this:
In the printed line-up I made a few months ago, Classixx should be found right in between Halsey and In the Valley Below, but it isn't there anymore. Meanwhile, if you go look at the daily line-up released yesterday, Classixx is slated to play on Sunday.  I honestly don't know which one is right, but am not terribly broken up about it if they have dropped out of the Fest.

3 comments:

Joseph Cathey said...

I enjoyed Fidlar when he played on the roof...unsure about his ability to play a festival though.

Kevan said...

What do you mean you can quit worrying about watching Classixx? They are still playing.

Jack said...

Weird thing. They aren't listed when you go look at the Weekend One lineup (full), but they are listed when you look at the (by day) version on Sunday. I don't know which is right.