Thursday, May 21, 2015

Classixx [updated]

Electronic disco dance.  From reading the group's Wikipedia page, it sounds like their best known work is remixing other people's songs.  My first pass through their one album (2013's Hanging Gardens) was forgettable soft electro.  But after a few more listens, a few tracks started to get through to me.  As I've said before, this kind of music really isn't my thing, so others may enjoy it considerably more, but the album has ups and then a lot of forgettable portions.

That might not be entirely true, one track (not surprisingly their most listened to) has a classic dance sound that caught my ear.  This is the most popular track off of their album, called "Holding On," with almost 3.5 million listens on Spotify.
That video completely mesmerized me - watching the perspective of the front of a car driving through LA is pretty cool.  "I'll Get You" also stuck with me after a few listens.
It sounds like their most popular remix was done to the Phoenix song "Lisztomania."  It definitely becomes a different song with a surreal waterfall of disco-ness dripping up and around.
Cool track.  Maybe they aren't as forgettable as I once thought, but the album is definitely not as strong, as a whole, as these two tracks right here.  Doubt I'll watch them.  But who knows?

No comments: