Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bad Rabbits (No Longer Playing ACL)

In the same vein as Chromeo – 70’s/80’s funk derivative heavy on the funky bass and synthesizers.  Good, not great.  You really should go check out the covers they used for 4 singles in 2013 – Can’t Fool Me, Doin’ It, Fall in Love, and We Can Roll.  Spotify has them if you are on there - I fear that if you do a search otherwise you might get banned from the Internet.  Can’t Fool Me is so disturbing.  http://www.djbooth.net/index/tracks/review/bad-rabbits-cant-fool-me.  The moustache on that set of glasses.  I can’t stop worrying about how it feels about being treated this way.  Poor little guy.  Let’s just say these guys might like da booty.  This one is my favorite of the ones I listened to:


Some of their older stuff sounds more like old Prince.  I don’t think I’ll go out of my way to see these guys, although I can see them putting on a grand funky sweaty throw-down.  My fear is that they would be on at 3, and while listening I would be overcome by funkiness, and not able to complete the rest of a long day.  Be careful out there.

No comments: