Friday, April 25, 2014

AFI

Scream-o pop rock.  I was about to say pop punk, but they are a little too straight rock to be called punk.  The first song I heard and then the video had me worried.  A lot of cookie-monster-light open throat screams in between some otherwise pretty tuneful singing and guitar rock. 



(Wife For Life, don’t listen to that one or you will hate me and the thought of going to ACL).  Most popular song on Spotify is Miss Murder:



Seeing the dude’s face definitely changes how I am thinking of this band – got a whole Marilyn Manson with make-up and piercing thing going on here.  I can see that this would make pretty good sing-a-long rock for a live show, if you ignore the screamy crap, it is pretty good poppy, driving rock. Listened to the whole new album (Burials) and it definitely lightens up on the scary and goes for more singing.  Maybe something to see.

No comments: