Thursday, April 24, 2014

Chromeo

Huh.  Not sure what I expected from that name, but it’s like a Lonely Islands joke that is not a joke at all.  Two hairy dudes making disco techno funk dance music.  Sounds kind of like the new Daft Punk stuff or 80’s funk Gap Band/Cameo type stuff.  But they were doing this before Daft Punk, since the most recent Chromeo album was in 2010.  Therefore, this is automatically better than the most popular song of last summer.  Kind of fun.  I want to jump up and down and rhythmically thrust my pelvis.  Seriously.  Listen to this right now and try to not smile and try to be still.  

Yes!  Here is the one with the most listens on Spotify: 

Super derivative of what has come before them and all, but come on!  This would probably be a freaking blast to see live.  I’m going to need to work out some before October to be prepared.  Amazingly, all of their music is like these two samples – this is not a one song move in homage to their favorite 80’s funk band.  This is legit.  And just because I think you should witness one more:
For some reason, this song makes me think of Napoleon Dynamite - I know this was not what he jammed to at the assembly, but I think it would have fit in just right in that scene.  Uh, hey Pedro, like check out my fancy footwork, okay?

No comments: