Saturday, April 26, 2014

Fitz and the Tantrums

Awesome.  If you live in Austin and use the radio, then you have likely heard 5 or 6 of their songs on continuous repeat with no chance for respite.  Because of this fact, I had grown tired of them and started to change the station/tune them out.  But if you go listen to the excellent Moneygrabber:



, you’ll get a really great groovy rock thing with Hall or Oates mimicry singing over the top.  Which one was Hall and which one was Oates?  How did those two dudes just get in to the Hall of Fame?  They totally remind me of Six Flags as a kid.  I digress - F&tT is really fun music, and I bet their live show is a great time.  The Walker, Out of My League, Spark, Don’t Gotta Work it Out, these are all well-made retro pop jams.  I’m going to practice my Molly Ringwald dance and break it out fo sho during Out of My League:


I think Fitz has the same hairdo as the AFI guy.  Maybe they are the same guy?  That would be awesome - and that story was broken right here first.  Dibs on breaking that huge story.

Also of note, while at Stubb's for a concert the other night, I saw that someone had scrawled "Fitz + the Tantrums! (with a star for the bottom of the exclamation point) 7/13/13 Stubbs <heart symbol> EK" inside of my port-o-potty.  What an odd bit of graffiti to make sure to add to the port-o-potty.  I'm imagining some drunk UT undergrad sitting down to pee, pouring her heart out to the teal wall of the port-o-john, then passing out for a couple of minutes before waking up and rolling back out to party.

No comments: