Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Night Terrors of 1927

Do any of you remember playing that game where you made your band name on Facebook by grabbing the first image that popped up on Flickr’s last few days and then tell Wikipedia to provide you with a random article?  The image was your album cover and the title of the Wikipedia article was your band name.  I can’t recall what mine was, but I feel like it might have been similar to this band name.  It was something like Irish Potato Famine of 1845.  Which would have been a kick ass band, let me tell you what. 

Anyway, it’s a little formulaic electronic pop – sounds kind of like an M83 song or maybe Passion Pit – lots of woah woahs for people to sing along to when they’ve heard the song for the first time or for a soccer stadium to chant along to. 


They’ve only got one 5 song EP out, so I guess their set will be these five songs and then some covers.  I’m going to pick them to cover Everybody Wants to Rule the World and Royals.  Regardless of how current their sound is on that song, it’s actually dang catchy.  The rest of the EP is not as good, more arena ready anthem electro rock, but they do it well.  I’d say less than 50% chance I seek these folks out.

1 comment:

Cary Hendricks said...

I like these guys. They remind me of a little mellower version of The Killers. The song Young and Vicious is a good one.