Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Beck

I told myself that I would not review the main artists for this year - no real point in talking about who Eminem is - but I felt like I needed to make a note about Beck being there.
In the event that you have not listened to his new album, you are doing yourself a disservice.  It truly is great – you should Spotify it up now.  In the same vein as Sea Change, which is still a go to alhum for me when I want chilled music for a drive or at work or to sit around and brood to while I look through a rainy windowpane.  When I saw Beck play ACL a few years ago, he put on a great show – loads of the Odelay/Guero classics with a little bit of Sea Change mixed in.  And a few fun covers as well – he’s just a fun, random, weird show.  
In case you have never seen it, this concert footage experiment thing is super cool: http://www.hello-again.com/beck360/main/beck360.html.
The only way I skip Beck is if they put him up against Pearl Jam or Eminem.  Don't do it, ACL masterminds.

No comments: